ELEVATE is looking for a senior consultant in its Sustainability Consulting practice in Asia. The candidate must have strong English writing skills, be a great communicator and have at least 5 years sustainability consulting experience, including supply chain sustainability. You must be passionate about sustainable development, a self-starter, have a good understanding of the private sector and experience in business development, managing consultancy projects, including research. You need to have a willingness to learn and be challenged. This is an exceptional opportunity for a creative and entrepreneurial individual, who is truly passionate about new market development, high performing teams and the design / implementation of business driven sustainability solutions.
Role and responsibilities
- Lead and manage consulting projects: Liaise with clients, project manage and delivery in the areas of supply chain consulting, sustainability reporting (including GRI), stakeholder engagement, materiality assessment, benchmarking and research, strategy, policy review and development. Responsible for achieving revenue targets.
- Business development: Engage with new and prospective clients to find solutions that can be developed into proposals. To secure expanded and new business with existing and prospective clients. Business development targets to be discussed, agreed and set at the beginning of job commencement.
- Guide and support junior team members on consulting projects including reporting, strategy, research, supply chain and other sustainability consultancy.
- Public speaking including delivering presentations to client’s senior management, conduct training and support for relevant ELEVATE events such as CSR Asia Summit. This includes leading the organizing, management of and moderating a session at ELEVATE events
- Reporting to Associate Director to account for above responsibilities including revenue and business development and people targets.
Knowledge, experience and skills
- Excellent written and spoken English (and another Asian language preferred)
- Ability to write sustainability reports (GRI preferred) of a high quality
- Knowledge and experience of sustainability including supply chain sustainability (at least 5 years sustainability consulting experience)
- Degree in a related field
- Demonstrate successful experience in working with corporate clients
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, to understand client needs and deliver to meet their expectations
- Self-motivated and able to manage your own workload, capacity to meet deadlines and detail minded
- Proven ability in managing people and teams
- Ability to take ownership for their work, and the work of their team, and is committed to delivering top quality work