At ELEVATE, we embrace our purpose that calls for sustainable, balanced and inclusive economic growth. We also believe in an economic model that collectively activates business and other stakeholders to improve people’s lives and preserve the planet. This is reflected in our commitment to business driven sustainability.
Every day, we live out this purpose at ELEVATE. Our business-minded perspective and relentless focus on transparency, innovation, sustainability and measurable impact, enables us to deliver lasting positive change for companies, brands and retailers, suppliers, factories and workers, across the value chain.
We conduct over 18,000 audits per year and known uniquely for our incisive risk analytics and assessment, thought leadership and innovation. ELEVATE work with over 350+ brands and support many of these with risk assessment, the development of their responsible sourcing programs and site-level solutions in 100+ countries, bringing together over 500 experts, operating in 40 countries around the world.
Location: Centered on home based / remote working in the US
Summary of role
ELEVATE’s Customer team specialises in helping clients to design and implement responsible sourcing programs and to manage supplier engagement and capacity building programs for their supply chains.
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate professional whose primary role will be to help support the adoption of the Social Responsibility Assessment (SRA) tool for the Seafood Sector.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about drive improvements for human rights in the fisheries sector.
- Client Engagement – Be the keeper/active driving force behind core activities which connect activities with the client’s overall vision.
- Providing Training and Guidance
- User Engagement and capacity building – Field questions from SRA users and engage with experts as needed.
- Maintain library of feedback and questions from users and provide recommendations for where guidance or training may be needed. Develop a suite of guidance and online trainings for users.
- Online content development and management – Ensure an up-to-date repository of best practice, guidance and training materials is available to the community. Develop metrics to track the benefits and how the stakeholder community is engaging.
- Stakeholder Engagement - Through direct outreach, including solicitation of feedback, build support of SRA among global stakeholders and create a sense of industry ownership and NGO buy-in for the SRA. Outreach may include one-off or facilitated meetings. Track and trend data and insight from the stakeholder community to share back to the client and/or advisory group and the stakeholder community where applicable.
- Ongoing maintenance – manage review and revision cycles for the SRA, in consultation with the advisory group, including key documents.
- Team Support – Support other members on the delivery team and the central advisory group to deliver the program of work effectively.
- At least 5+ years professional experience in retail/food supply chains, social responsibility, social auditing or similar field.
- Passion for and commitment to improving sustainability.
- A high-level understanding of the key supply chain issues facing retail/food sectors.
- Proven work experience working in supply chain, sourcing/procurement, or any supplier-facing role, either in-house or in a consultancy.
- Ability to convey technical information in an engaging and useful way to non-technical audiences.
- Experience in developing online training, guidance materials and capacity building approaches.
- Experience managing on-line and offline communities, facilitation, and networking skills.
- Personable and able to build rapport quickly with people in a global environment. Experience in stakeholder/relationship management desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, project management, and consulting skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills. Ability to respond positively to pressure and take a flexible approach to a dynamic, fast moving and changing work environment.
- Professional presence with the ability to quickly establish personal credibility and demonstrate expertise
- Adept at working virtually – 1:1, team, and across different time zone – with a strong capacity for self-management and self-support.
- Ability to work comfortably in an agile, ever-changing environment.
- Experience working in an intercultural context and/or supporting clients from different geographies desirable
- Proficiency in other languages, especially Spanish, Mandarin, or Bahasa Indonesia desirable.
At ELEVATE we focus on developing an enabling environment. One in which our people can flourish and succeed, by delivering insightful and innovative solutions to our clients while remaining knowledgeable and good partners.
Our workforce is made up of many individuals with unique skills, values, backgrounds and experiences. As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity in our workforce and foster an environment that promotes inclusion, recognizing the organizational capability and business performance that diversity brings.