ELEVATE is seeking a dynamic and instinctive individual to support growing our portfolio of local customers in Mexico. At ELEVATE, we believe in sustainable, balanced and inclusive economic growth. We believe in an economic model that collectively activates business and other stakeholders to improve people’s lives and preserve the planet. This requires a commitment to transparency, visibility and the thoughtful management of risk and performance. It requires a commitment to business driven sustainability. Among our clients are many of the global brands and industry leaders for sustainability in apparel, electronics and agriculture.
Of particular need is to find a professional who is capable of supporting local businesses – namely factories, factory groups and vendors/agents – who work with global brands and retailers, and those businesses’ pursuit of complying to and improving against global brands and retailers’ sustainability goals. This person would be the face of ELEVATE in the region, charged with selling key services, more specifically:
Other complementing solutions and products are available. The ideal candidate understands the value of sales to an organization, but is also interested in the topics we are trying to collectively solve within ELEVATE but also within the greater profession of sustainability / testing, inspections and certification and overall in global trade.
You will be responsible for the end-to-end sales cycle in the respective country, including lead qualification, discovery and closing calls/presentations, and negotiating contracts. As ELEVATE is a fast-paced growth organization, we are looking for a self-starter who can hit the ground running. Working with leadership in-country and globally, you will define strategies and tactics necessary to effectively grow ELEVATE in your region, building and implementing roadmaps to grow with existing customers, and cultivating new prospects.
Other responsibilities include:
- Create leads and qualifying them
- Conduct cold emails and cold calls
- Develop and implement roadmaps for clients to grow
- Write quotations and proposals
- Close local deals and manage sales pipeline against a quota
- Proactively manage opportunity pipeline to maximize growth opportunities with both existing customers, and prospects
- Work with ELEVATE assessment and product teams to remove any barriers to growth and build support across multiple business units of partner companies
- Identify and develop, with product team, new service opportunities through new product development or extension of current products
- Monitor and report key performance metrics, recommend necessary actions such as pricing adjustments to enhance revenue and profitability;
- Refine and implement sales tools, materials and processes that support cross selling and revenue goals
- Keep a pulse on competitors and market trends
- Support evaluation of customer satisfaction and feedback
- Background in a sales development representative (SDR) or business development representative (BDR)
- Experience working with factories and vendors
- Experience with the field of sustainability / environmental compliance / social compliance a plus
- Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification (ATIC) market experience a plus
- Fluency in local dialects a must, written English also critical
- Salesforce or experience managing a pipeline in a CRM
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques
- Track record of achieving business development targets (aka quotas)
- Advanced knowledge of with MS Excel and proficient in MS PowerPoint
- Understanding of general business development performance metrics
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Finance, Business or similar degree preferred.
- Detailed thinking, checking for data accuracy in orders and invoices.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills enabling you to successfully contact clients to obtain missing information or answer queries.
- Collaborative skills needed to liaise with the Logistics department to confirm timely deliveries.
- Outstanding organizational and ability to prioritize work and succeed under deadlines.
- Team-player mindset