ELEVATE is seeking a passionate, detail-oriented Software Quality Assurance Engineer with a strong understanding of software testing methodologies, policies, and procedures. The engineer will play a major role in assessing and monitoring the software design and implementation meet the acceptance criteria in consensus. You will have the opportunity to work at a dynamic and fast-growing company, with an experienced and agile IT team to build robust and high performing applications and tackle interesting engineering challenges.
- Design and implement test plans that provide comprehensive coverage of product usage
- Review user stories and requirements to create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and decide upon which level it will be tested early in the sprint
- Understand the software functions and the acceptance criteria to assess the defects and risks in the software before delivered
- Design and manage testing environments, regressions, smoke tests, etc.
- Compose and execute automated tests and ensure these are kept up-to-date
- Review user interface for consistency and functionality
- Accurately and concisely characterize issues encountered during testing, and track issues through resolution with engineering team
- Contribute to improvements to the SDLC by participating in retrospectives, providing feedback to engineering management, drafting documentation, conducting trainings for team members, etc.
- Review the defects reported by users that were missed during the SDLC/QA process
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in software testing, including designing and implementing complex test plans and test cases
- Familiar with software development process and Agile methodology
- Familiarity with issue reporting tools such as Jira or Bugzilla00
- Hands on experience in web application automated testing development
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and good understanding of business processes
- Self-Driven/ Self-Motivated/ Ability to work independently and quality conscience
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Creative and innovative thinking skills
- Experience testing mobile applications (Android, iOS).
- Experience with Zephyr for JIRA.
- Experience with API Testing
- Experience with test automation tools such as Selenium, Robot Framework