About this role:
The Senior Manager, Program Management will be the key point of contact for the Customer and ELEVATE. The role is responsible for managing the customer social responsibility program on their behalf, as well as being the primary relationship contact for ELEVATE. They will be part of a team, managing the social and environmental compliance assessment process. They will report directly to the Director, Client Services and to the Customer for whose program ELEVATE has management responsibility. The Senior Manager, Program Management will work closely with Customer and Delivery teams to ensure that ELEVATE provides the services detailed in the contract with the customer, meeting SOW obligations.
A dynamic and instinctive individual to lead and shape clients’ social responsibility and environmental programs and needs. Our traditional Responsible Sourcing Manager (“RSM”) role focuses on building relationships in the customer, making sure all parts of the ELEVATE organization are delivering on our promise and growing ELEVATE’s share of the customer wallet. The Program Management role shares many elements of the RSM role but has the added responsibility of managing the customers program from assessment planning to factory on-boarding, supplier communications to escalations with sourcing when issues merit. This added responsibility is the primary focus of the Senior Manager, Program Management.
The primary responsibilities include the following:
- Establish a strong relationship with the key contact at the customer
- Develop credibility through building an extensive understanding of the customers Corporate Responsibility program.
- Make sure the day-to-day program support are run at a very high standard.
- Provide objective advice on best ways of handling issues. If ELEVATE is the best solution, ELEVATE should be recommended. However, if it is not, the Senior Manager should recommend alternatives.
- Visit with client in New York City based on their needs.
- Support the ELEVATE on-boarding team to move the client from the sales process to implementation. Onboarding responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review and develop a detailed understanding of all documentation and goals/targets specific to the client program. Identify and implement workflow efficiencies that meet the customer requirements with reduced resources.
- Project management, such as developing and managing to a project plan, regular meetings with clients, overseeing various areas of onboarding cycle
- Document client internal processes and communications required
- Coordinate client internal communications working with key contacts
- Host internal and external kickoff meetings
- Support through the transition period, including incorporations of learnings into current processes
- Detail handover acceptance from on-boarding to long term implementation team
- Clearly identify the specific individuals within ELEVATE that will support the account and create clear ways of working for each.
- Manage and Oversee Day to Day Operations
- Guide and work closely with a global team of staff within ELEVATE supporting the Customer to meet expectations and SOW obligations.
- Plan, communicate and continuously monitor execution of the assessment plan
- New supplier program placement and onboarding, deactivation for exited suppliers
- Pre- and Post-assessment communications with suppliers, addressing questions and supporting successful execution of services
- Act as expert on specific client requirements and manage program internally/externally, including providing clear guidance for staff and suppliers, responding to inquiries, regularly calibrating teams, and maintaining updated systems and documents;
- Interacting and working closely with customer regional hubs (North Asia, South Asia, Americas, EMEA) and Sales Offices (US, Europe). Willingness to communicate during non-traditional working hours.
- Handle escalations within the team, communicate escalations to customer and troubleshoot and resolve challenges as needed.
- Establish performance measurement for the account that aligns with Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Leveraging ELEVATE and customer systems, establish the reporting structure and cadence for the client
- Develop a detailed internal tracking and reporting structure that helps position ELEVATE as best we can to be more proactive in anticipating issues than having to be reactive and respond to them. We need to define the key areas of performance and measures.
- Setting, tracking and meeting revenue and implementation targets
- Keeping systems and trackers up to date, accurate and available to Customer on a regular basis
- Ability to travel for business development and client meetings as needed
- Excellent written and verbal English;
- A 4 year college degree;
- 6+ years of experience, with experience in the Ethical Sourcing/Labor Compliance/Environmental arena either for a brand/retailer or service provider
- Experience with Higg Facility Environmental Module and adoption a plus
- High level of integrity and honesty
- Understanding of the limitations of most brand compliance programs in order to help add additional value through alternative scheme application and recommendations preferred
- Creative and entrepreneurial minded
- Ability to work independently
- Analytical skills and ability to identify risk
- A flexible attitude and ability to adopt and embrace changes quickly
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Strength in writing and communication – individuals who make the complex simple, who can relate concepts with visuals and a minimum number of words.
- Proven effectiveness at strategic relationship building across internal and external stakeholders – we seek a team player with strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Pro-active, self-starter with ability to organize, prioritize and execute multiple projects across multiple stakeholders simultaneously, in a deadline-driven environment.
- A passion for social responsibility and sustainability and excited to make a difference.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel