The Manager, Program Management will be a key contributor to the customer social responsibility and environmental program. The position will support a key ELEVATE customer and will develop relationships with vendors and factories globally and drive social compliance and sustainability initiatives. They will work in partnership with the Senior Manager and other ELEVATE staff to meet customer expectations and execute against our SOW obligations. The position will help to represent the customer externally with supplier and service providers and internally with ELEVATE delivery teams. They will report directly to the Senior Manager, Program Management and to the Customer for whose program ELEVATE has management responsibility.
A dynamic and instinctive individual to contribute to a clients’ social responsibility program and needs. The Program Management role responsible for executing the customers program. They will be responsible for monitoring and ensuring the assessment plan is executed against expected timelines, communicating directly with suppliers before and after assessments and working closely with the program lead to shape the program.
The primary responsibilities include the following:
- Supplier Management & Communications
- Act as expert on specific client requirements and manage program internally/externally, including providing clear guidance for staff and suppliers, responding to inquiries, regularly calibrating teams, and maintaining updated systems and documents.
- Plan, communicate and continuously monitor execution of the assessment plan internally and externally
- New supplier program placement and onboarding, deactivation for exited suppliers
- Pre- and Post-assessment communications with suppliers, sharing expectations, addressing questions, and supporting successful execution of services
- Maintain internal guidance, standard operating procedures and instructions that allow us to meet client expectations and SOW obligations.
- Support the ELEVATE on-boarding team to move the client from the sales process to implementation. Onboarding responsibilities may include:
- Review and develop a detailed understanding of all documentation and goals specific to the client program.
- Contribute to the project implementation, such as executing against a project plan, regular meetings with clients
- Review and Document client internal processes and communications required
- Coordinate client internal communications working with key contacts
- Join internal and external kickoff meetings
- Support through the transition period, including incorporations of learnings into current processes
- Contribute to reporting and performance measurement for the account that aligns with Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Keeping systems and trackers up to date, accurate and available to Customer on a regular basis
- Proactively use ELEVATE and customers data systems to anticipate and resolve issues
- Interacting and working closely with customer regional hubs (North Asia, South Asia, Americas, EMEA) and Sales Offices (US, Europe). Willingness to communicate during non-traditional working hours.
- Guide and work closely with a global team of staff within ELEVATE supporting the Customer to meet expectations and SOW obligations
- Ability to travel for business development and client meetings as needed. Visit with client in New York City based on their needs.
- Excellent written and verbal English;
- A 4 year college degree;
- 3+ years of experience, with experience in the Ethical Sourcing/Labor Compliance/Environmental arena either for a brand/retailer or service provider;
- Experience with Higg Facility Environmental Module and adoption a plus
- High level of integrity and honesty;
- Understanding of the limitations of most brand compliance programs in order to help add additional value through alternative scheme application and recommendations preferred;
- Analytical skills and ability to identify risk
- A flexible attitude and ability to adopt and embrace changes quickly
- Creative and entrepreneurial minded;
- Ability to work independently;
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Strength in writing and communication – individuals who make the complex simple, who can relate concepts with visuals and a minimum number of words.
- Proven effectiveness at strategic relationship building across internal and external stakeholders – we seek a team player with strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Pro-active, self-starter with ability to organize, prioritize and execute multiple projects across multiple stakeholders simultaneously, in a deadline-driven environment.
- A passion for social responsibility and sustainability and excited to make a difference.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel