Senior Consultant, Sustainability Consulting Asia (Sustainability strategy and climate change services)
Singapore or Hong Kong
ELEVATE is the leading business risk and sustainability solutions provider. We deliver improved organizational performance through sustainability and supply chain assessment.
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate professional to support our growing work helping clients design and implement strategic sustainability programs. This role will be client-facing and require direct engagement with client Sustainability/ESG or Procurement teams.
You will work with private sector clients, mostly Fortune 500 companies, spanning a variety of sectors, including consumer goods, retail, food/agriculture, real estate and electronics. You will be part of the Asia Pacific consulting team and will work with, and learn from, ELEVATE experts from teams across the globe.
We are looking for individuals who will be motivated by the opportunity to work at the cutting edge of corporate sustainability and that are energized by innovative and challenging environments.
The Senior Consultant will be instrumental in the delivery of our sustainability consulting plan and in ensuring that we are:
- Delivering high quality consulting services as part of a global practice
- Supporting business development across sustainability consulting, climate consulting and supply chain consulting businesses
- Contributing to the evolution and scalability of our transformative products
This is an excellent opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual to join a rapidly growing and successful business that is disrupting traditional approaches to sustainability, climate management and supply chain management.
The candidate must have at least 6 years of experience in sustainability consulting areas such as sustainability strategy development, sustainability reporting and climate management/other environmental consulting experience. The candidate must have strong English writing skills, be a great communicator, be passionate about sustainable development and be a self-starter. You need to have a willingness to learn and be challenged. You will have the opportunity to contribute to ELEVATE’s strategic direction as we grow and expand over the next 3-5 years and you will drive the development of ELEVATE various products and services.
- Deliver consulting engagements through end-to-end project management: Provide full-spectrum leadership and action to ensure the delivery of consulting projects by engaging with clients, project management and delivery in the areas of sustainability consulting, sustainability reporting and climate management. Deliver presentations and conduct training.
- Provide subject-matter expertise: Ensure consulting projects reflect industry best practice and thought leadership through the application and integration of subject-matter expertise in areas including sustainability performance, climate management, ESG trends and other sustainability topics as relevant/needed
- Guiding and mentoring team members: Provide guidance to our talented and enthusiastic consultants to build a strong, diverse and high performing team
- Business development: Produce consultancy proposals, develop and secure new business opportunities with existing and prospective clients
- Product and service development: Contribute to new product and service development across both the sustainability consulting and climate change services, through innovating and enhancing existing products, processes and ways of working to accelerate efficiencies, effectiveness and delivering positive impact projects.
- Reporting to Associate Director to account for above responsibilities.
- 6+ years professional sustainability / climate change consulting experience
- Knowledge of sustainability reporting guidelines such as GRI, SASB, Integrated Reporting and others
- Extensive knowledge of the sustainability and climate change business environment and trends
- Evidence of successful project delivery to clients (company, government, civil society)
- Communication, networking and stakeholder engagement skills
- Strong writing skills in English; Chinese/Cantonese a plus
- Business development experience and comfort working toward ambitious growth targets
- Evidence of managing and growing new markets, products and services
- Strong mind-set for innovation, product development and responding to market drivers
- Has and applies emotional intelligence and proven team leadership
- Experience in sustainability report assurance, scope 3, and/or supply chain is a plus
- ELEVATE offers a competitive salary and compensation package based on experience and qualifications