New York City; remote work possible 3 days per week.
Who we are
At ELEVATE, we offer a unique and impactful career journey designed to empower our teams to influence change. Join our team for a truly international experience. With 24+ offices globally (and still growing), you will have exposure to real issues that span the globe. Fasten your seatbelt for an energetic and dynamic experience where you will partner with world class leaders on solving some of the most pressing issues of our time (climate change, human rights, sustainability, and more) in new and innovative ways to achieve our goals together.
Job overview at a glance
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate professional to support our growing work helping clients design and implement leading responsible sourcing and strategic sustainability programs.
This role will be client-facing and require direct engagement with clients up to the executive level. You will engage with the full project cycle: project design, proposal drafting, negotiation, project implementation, creating deliverables, , and presenting to clients.
You will work with private sector clients, including Fortune 500 companies spanning a variety of sectors like consumer goods, fashion, retail, food/agriculture, and electronics. You will be part of the North America Consulting / Advisory team but will work with ELEVATE colleagues from teams across the globe.
With supply chain sustainability increasingly becoming a focus topic across industries and geographies, and as new risks, regulations and expectations emerge, this is a great opportunity for a mission-driven professional to work with leading brands to directly shape the future of how companies drive impact and positive change in their global supply chains.
We are looking for individuals who will be motivated by the opportunity to work at the cutting edge of corporate sustainability and who are energized by innovative and challenging environments.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in relevant field
- Experience working with clients in a consulting role, or at a private company in a relevant area of work (sustainability, sourcing, etc.) required
- Experience with business development and managing client expectations and accounts
- Experience managing quality control on projects
- Independent design and delivery of projects and client materials to existing clients, such as: responsible sourcing / ESG strategies, supply chain segmentation, policies and manuals, risk assessment, stakeholder engagement, etc.
- Independent pipeline growth and business development management
- Includes proposal writing, presentations, budget preparation, and communication/negotiation with clients
- Coordinate project teams working on client deliverables
- Partner with senior leaders, Customer Team, and other product leads to support the design and implementation of effective programs and products that respond to client needs
- Support, own, and help develop evolving products and services, contribute to thought leadership at the organizational level, including writing blog posts, newsletters, and technical articles
- Host and participate in internal and external webinars, workshops, and trainings. Represent ELEVATE at conferences and events as required
- Master and utilize, in a timely and accurate manner, ELEVATE’s business platforms and processes (CRM, time-keeping software, budgeting and revenue recognition, file-storage and file-sharing, etc.).
The Right Candidate will possess:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Direct experience with human rights, sustainability, ESG, business and human rights, and/or supply chain due diligence
- Relevant technical skills in sustainability, such as supply chain mapping, experience with reporting mechanisms like SASB, GRI, and TCFD, and/or exposure to social and environmental compliance audits
- Strong information and data processing skills
- Strong analytical abilities: multiple approaches to reasoning, analytical and synthetic thinking, critical thinking and problem solving, attention to detail, and conceptual and systems thinking
- Strong organizational skills: self-motivation, time management, planning, prioritizing, flexibility, delegation skills
- Project management skills: goal setting, stakeholder management, risk identification and management, budgeting, and cost monitoring
- Relationship building and networking skills
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Management skills: leadership, team development, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to support and provide clear instructions or feedback to peers and junior staff
- Communication skills: active listening; persuasive expression, public speaking; business writing; presentation skills: interpersonal skills
- Ability to present ideas in a clear and succinct manner
- Ability to craft and format accurate and aesthetically pleasing slide deck presentations
- Ability to quickly establish personal credibility and demonstrate expertise across topics and sectors
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to work virtually, one-on-one, or in a team; ability to influence without formal authority
- Capacity to work across different time zones; i.e., to hold meetings outside of regular local working hours when required
- Ability to respond positively to pressure and adapt in a dynamic, fast-paced, and changing work environment
- Fluency in written and spoken English; one additional language preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
ELEVATE is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by local law. Personal data provided by applicants will be treated as confidential information and will be used exclusively for employment purposes only. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Applicants who are not invited for an interview may consider their applications filed for future reference.
To learn more about career opportunities at ELEVATE, please visit our Careers Page here: https://www.elevatelimited.com/careers/