Country Manager, Malaysia
Who we are
At ELEVATE, we offer a unique and impactful career journey designed to empower our teams to influence change. Join our team for a truly international experience. With 24+ offices globally (and still growing), you will have exposure to real issues that span the globe. Fasten your seatbelt for an energetic and dynamic experience where you will conduct a broad range of environmental and social supply chain audits to support impact-driven responsible sourcing programs. Supplier transparency is part of ELEVATE’s DNA to understand risk exposure associated with social compliance issues. We constantly develop innovative solutions to uncover and manage risk from social and environmental to building, electrical and fire safety. ELEVATE was the first firm to integrate anonymous worker surveys into the assessment process creating the industry’s first integrated assessment. ELEVATE has developed EiQ to create predictive models to assess risks of unauthorized subcontracting, human trafficking, labor unrest, and other key risk issues. ELEVATE has also developed the first KPI-based monthly monitoring program to show the links between business performance issues and social non-compliance. When a supplier needs more guidance our Capacity Building experts design holistic and custom improvement plans to create long-term solutions.
Job overview at a glance
ELEVATE is looking for an experienced professional to lead its Malaysia team. The Country Manager, Malaysia will lead and coordinate a team of country and will be instrumental in the delivery of our supply chain assessment in Malaysia. This is an exceptional opportunity for a creative and entrepreneurial individual, who is truly passionate about new market development, high performing teams and the design / implementation of business driven sustainability solutions.
Who you are
Are you thrilled by the idea of working in a business that aims tackle the world’s biggest challenges? Do you want to work:
- on environmental, social and governance issues
- with an amazing team of like-minded creative thinkers
- in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- for some of the biggest and most forward-looking brands in the world
- Development of a team in accordance with company policies and standard operating procedures and hiring is made purely on merit.
- Support Human Resource department to make sure that employee’s background check is conducted before hiring.
- To make sure that employee contacts are in accordance with the local laws and company policies.
- To make sure that new employee orientation and development plan is prepared, discussed and implemented within the relevant sections.
- To ensure that team is motivated and work in a professional manner with highest level of integrity and professionalism.
- Country Manager should make sure that all operations related KPIs are communicated to the staff in timely manner. KPIs to be monitored regularly to achieve the final targets.
- To work with coordination team on resource allocation and best possible use of available resources.
- To conduct shadow audits whenever required and to make sure that results of the shadow audits are communicated and reported in timely manner.
- To make sure that all IT related policies are communicated and fulfilled to all employees. Moreover, to make sure that all company equipment is used by staff carefully to avoid any damage to company assets.
- To Approve all expenses of staff on Fraedom and review carefully to avoid mistakes in the submitted expenses.
- To make sure that all expenses are incurred carefully as per company travel policy and to make sure that cost saving efforts are made.
- To make sure that field staff is using safe and reasonable travel facilities.
- To make sure that performance appraisal is conducted in timely and in an impartial manner purely based on KPIs achieved.
- Country Manager should act as a Liaison person with the Business development team to convey any business lead and relevant information in timely manner and to help BD team to make sure that bids are submitted.
- To support and work on projects assigned by Senior Leadership team.
- To attend any meeting with the customers and make sure that company point of view is communicated, and all customer requirements are fulfilled.
- To act as a trainer (if required) for any assignments which are in scope and do not create conflict of interest.
- To make sure that all legal requirements such as submission of audited accounts, submission of relevant government taxes etc. are made in the timely manner by the legal advisor and company accountant firm.
- Support Regional Manager for any assigned tasks. (Budgets preparation, cost saving projects, etc.)
- Bachelor's / Master’s degree or above in law, engineering, scientific or related fields;
- Strong knowledge and experience in business, industry, supervision, and management;
- Strong Leadership qualities and interpersonal skills.
- Strongest commitment to integrity and quality;
- Good knowledge of laws and regulations regarding Labor, Health, and Safety and Environment;
- Good knowledge of legal regulations in the country of operation;
- Fluent in English, verbal and written;
- Ability to travel as needed;
- At least 10 years or more working experience in CSR and operations management.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ELEVATE is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by local law. Personal data provided by applicants will be treated as confidential information and will be used exclusively for employment purposes only. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Applicants who are not invited for an interview may consider their applications filed for future reference.
To learn more about career opportunities at ELEVATE, please visit our Careers Page here: https://www.elevatelimited.com/careers/