Scheme Technical Manager (Social Compliance)
Who we are
At ELEVATE, we offer a unique and impactful career journey designed to empower our teams to influence change. Join our team for a truly international experience. With 24+ offices globally (and still growing), you will have exposure to real issues that span the globe. Fasten your seatbelt for an energetic and dynamic experience where you will have exposure to and support our global best-in-class team across 100 countries from Finance to HR to IT. In line with ELEVATE’s mission to use business and innovation to be a drive transformational change, this is your opportunity to lead the operations of an organization that is a driver of meaningful and lasting impact that effectively improves people’s lives and preserves our planet. Our Corporate and IT departments are an essential part of our operations and play a strategic role in delivering our business goals.
Job overview at a glance
ELEVATE is seeking an experienced Scheme Technical Manager (Social Compliance) to manage global social compliance-related schemes on a day-to-day basis, incl. but not limited to providing aligned technical guidance & instruction, capacity/competence building, knowledge calibration, scheme performance oversight, quality assurance & improvement enhancement initiatives, integrity program etc., to ensuring full compliance to schemes’ requirements and striving for operational excellence at scheme operations.
Who you are
Are you thrilled by the idea of working in a business that aims tackle the world’s biggest challenges? Do you want to work:
- on environmental, social and governance issues
- with an amazing team of like-minded creative thinkers
- in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- for some of the biggest and most forward-looking brands in the world
- Proactively interact and work with external social compliance scheme owners and internal stakeholders (incl. assessment operations, coordination, report reviewers, customer services, quality & training, etc.) to develop, manage, maintain, and enhance scheme/program as appropriate;
- Be the 1st focal point of expertise support within ELEVATE for providing guidance & instruction to satisfactorily comply with requirements stipulated by scheme owners, providing capacity building, knowledge calibration (schemes updates, audit tools, etc.), providing official guiding instructions to implement best practices at field operations (incl. scheme documentations, Field Instructions (creation, maintenance & update), etc.), resolving technical-related queries raised by peer teams etc.;
- Closely working with the wider Scheme Technical Team to provide a full time-zone coverage for scheme technical support;
- Work closely with the internally-appointed relationship owner(s) to support with growth opportunities, significant issues, or negotiation, as appropriate with the scheme owner(s);
- Oversight management of the auditors approval process execution & enhancement, as appropriate;
- Regularly monitor, review and report the various scheme-related quality KPIs performance & trending analysis, incl. but not limited to scheduling & reporting TATs, report quality, overall delivery service satisfaction, etc., to driving continuous improvements;
- Support implementation of the ELEVATE and/or scheme-specific integrity program at scheme operations to align and optimize expectation from both the scheme owners and ELEVATE
- A 4-year college degree;
- 8+ years of experience, with 4+ years of experience in the Ethical Sourcing/Labor Compliance arena either for a brand/retailer or service provider;
- High level of integrity and honesty;
- Understanding of most scheme programs in order to help add additional value through day-to-day application and recommendations;
- Creative and entrepreneurial minded;
- Ability to network, and also work independently;
- Excellent written and verbal English and one additional language (preferred);
- Ability to manage schemes/projects implementations;
- Global/regional experience and/or experience working in a global operating environment is a plus.
- Advanced hands-on experience with the following schemes will be advantageous : Higg FEM, SLCP, BSCI, SMETA, RBA, CAFÉ, ABFT, IETP, ICS, FLA, EFI, JAC
- Strong candidates across Europe will also be considered
Equal Opportunity Employer
ELEVATE is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by local law. Personal data provided by applicants will be treated as confidential information and will be used exclusively for employment purposes only. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Applicants who are not invited for an interview may consider their applications filed for future reference.
To learn more about career opportunities at ELEVATE, please visit our Careers Page here: https://www.elevatelimited.com/careers/
Updated: May 2022