ELEVATE is seeking a passionate, detail-oriented Infrastructure and DevOps Engineer with a strong understanding of and experience with modern SaaS, PaaS and IaaS solutions and best practices. The engineer will play a major role in establishing scalable infrastructure and applications that will transform the way brands and retailers assess their supply chains and drive improvements. You will have the opportunity to work at a dynamic and fast-growing company, with an experienced and agile IT team to build robust and high performing applications and tackle interesting engineering challenges.
- Design and deliver effective engineering solutions and automated processes to address operational goals centered around hosting, data storage, and application availability.
- Partner with Software Engineering, Quality Assurance (QA), and Technical Operations (TechOps) in an operational capacity to maintain continuous delivery and availability of mission critical systems.
- Proactively assess and improve quality of service and implement industry best practices
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations
- Profile server, cloud resources, and applications to identify and resolve performance issues.
- Interface directly with Technical Architect and Software Engineering to architect efficient and effective solutions.
- Manage and oversee multi-region, redundant and performant infrastructure solutions for the breadth of our applications leveraging cloud hosting service providers (e.g. AWS)
- Be responsible for the hardening, resiliency and security of all of our network and infrastructure
- Take leadership and help structure and administer our Office 365 solution
- Help with the establishment of enterprise solutions around Active Directory, VPN and centralized management of all client assets (laptops/mobiles) in that context
- Monitor and respond to system issue and participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with at least one programming languages, preferably NodeJS, Bash, Python, Ruby
- Experience with Atlassian suite of tools: JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket
- Working knowledge of using configuration management systems, such as Chef, Puppet, Salt, DSC, Ansible, Docker, Etckeeper.
- Experience in configuring and administering Amazon Web Services (VPC, EC2, ELB, and RDS, Virtual Networking Topologies, PowerShell/DSC, BASH, PHP, Windows, SQL Server (deployment and monitoring), Linux, RDP, and more
- Experience implementing and using Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery concepts and tools such as Github, Jenkins, TeamCity, Octopus, Maven, CodeDeploy or comparable tools.
- Understanding of system monitoring and application logging solutions (SumoLogic, New Relic, Nagios, Graphite, Grafana, Logstash, InfluxDB, Solarwinds)
- Good problem-solving skill for handling system operations issue
- Able to work independently and meet tight schedule
- Willing to learn, proactive and good team player
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
ELEVATE offers a competitive salary and compensation package based on experience and qualifications