Senior Consultant, Human Rights
Hong Kong / Singapore
Who we are
ELEVATE is the global market leader in ESG, sustainability, and supply-chain services. Our focus is on delivering ESG program effectiveness and impact to the world’s leading companies and their supply chains. We design, build, and manage data-driven, sustainability-linked programs that drive positive impact, with assessment, advisory, program management and analytics solutions. With 30+ offices globally (and still growing), we offer a unique opportunity to work on real issues that span the globe and positively impact people, communities, and the planet.
Job overview at a glance
We are looking for a highly motivated, passionate professional to support our growing work helping clients address human rights challenges in their supply chains. This role will be client-facing and require direct engagement with clients’ Sustainability/ESG, Social Compliance or Procurement teams.
You will work with private-sector clients, many of which are major global companies, and other stakeholders spanning a variety of sectors, including consumer goods, retail, food/agriculture, finance, and manufacturing. You will be part of the Asia-Pacific Advisory team and will work with, and learn from, ELEVATE experts from teams across the globe.
Initially the role is likely to focus heavily on programs around human rights, forced labor risks, worker remediation programs and ethical recruitment / safe migration. The role will engage in a variety of industries, mainly in Malaysia employing foreign migrant workers, but this focus is subject to change over time.
We are looking for entrepreneurial individuals who will be motivated by the opportunity to work in a rapidly growing and successful business at the cutting edge of sustainability, human rights and worker engagement and to partner with world-class leaders to take on some of the planet’s most pressing ESG challenges.
Who you are
- Passionate about sustainability and ESG issues, including business and human rights, social sustainability and supply-chain sustainability
- An entrepreneurial self-starter and continuous learner who is always innovating and 'getting things done'
- A structured problem-solver, critical thinker, and effective communicator
- Motivated by working on complex challenges in a fast-paced, high-growth, dynamic work environment
- A team player who thrives in multi-cultural teams
Duties & Responsibilities
- Independent project management, including management of staff allocated to projects, and delivery of projects to existing clients
- Support in communicating project updates to all stakeholders and ensuring staff are clear on their roles, expected deliverables, and timelines
- Management of projects related to human rights and supply chain management including social / labor risks of foreign workers, ethical and responsible recruitment, and safe migration.
- Lead on client deliverables, including investigation reports, worker remediation program reports, presentations, summary briefs, press releases / statements, and other materials in a variety of formats
- Independent business development including pipeline management, proposal writing, presentations, budget preparation and communication with clients
- Contribute to and conduct internal and external trainings, workshops, webinars, and other events, including representing ELEVATE at conferences and events
- Partner with senior leaders, customer leads, and other product leads to support the design and development of effective programs, products, and services that respond to client needs
- Contribute to thought leadership through writing blog posts, newsletters, technical articles, and other media
- Uphold standards of ELEVATE platforms and systems, including project management systems, business development systems, and other processes
Experience & Requirements
- 5-7+ years of experience in a relevant field
- Consulting experience required
- Experience with human rights and labor risks in supply chains
- Master’s degree or equivalent work experience in a relevant field required
- Experience managing projects, project teams, and project quality control
- Experience with business development and managing client expectations
- Direct experience with and deep understanding of human rights, forced labor, and/or migrant labor issues
- Fluency in written and spoken English required; one additional regional language preferred
- Strong written and spoken communication and presentation skills
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work virtually, one-on-one, and in a team
- Ability to influence without formal authority
- Capacity to work across different time zones and to hold meetings outside of regular local working hours
- Strong information processing skills, such as research skills, analytical & synthetic thinking, critical thinking, and structured problem solving
- Strong computer skills: command of Microsoft 365 suite, search engines, online meeting tools, project management software, proprietary systems knowledge, CRM
- Proactive, open-minded, learning-oriented, and able to work under pressure with a strong sense of responsibility and teamwork, while also being able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ELEVATE is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by local law. Personal data provided by applicants will be treated as confidential information and will be used exclusively for employment purposes only. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Applicants who are not invited for an interview may consider their applications filed for future reference.
To learn more about career opportunities at ELEVATE, please visit our Careers Page here: https://www.elevatelimited.com/careers/