Consultant/Analyst, Human Rights & Grievance Mechanisms
Hong Kong / Singapore
Who we are
ELEVATE is the global market leader in ESG, sustainability, and supply-chain services. Our focus is on delivering ESG program effectiveness and impact to the world’s leading companies and their supply chains. We design, build, and manage data-driven, sustainability-linked programs that drive positive impact, with assessment, advisory, program management and analytics solutions. With 30+ offices globally (and still growing), we offer a unique opportunity to work on real issues that span the globe and positively impact people, communities, and the planet.
Job overview at a glance
We are looking for a highly motivated, passionate professional to support our growing work helping clients address human rights challenges in their supply chains, and in particular to support the development and growth of our services related to grievance mechanisms and worker-led helplines. This role requires technical skills to manage software systems, soft skills to manage projects and stakeholders, and subject-matter knowledge to understand the context in which projects take place.
You will work with private sector clients, mostly Fortune 500 companies, spanning a variety of sectors, including consumer goods, retail, food/agriculture, finance, real estate and electronics. You will be part of the Asia-Pacific Advisory team and will work with, and learn from, ELEVATE experts from teams across the globe.
This role will focus on supporting the management, operations, development, and growth of our grievance mechanism services, which are rapidly expanding around the globe. In this role, you will be a part of our Advisory practice in Asia and will serve a cross-cutting function, contributing significantly to driving innovative and scalable solutions serving millions of workers across supply chains and forging strong partnerships to ensure the projects’ success and increased impact.
We are looking for entrepreneurial individuals who will be motivated by the opportunity to work in a rapidly growing and successful business at the cutting edge of ESG and to partner with world-class leaders to take on some of the planet’s most pressing ESG challenges.
Who you are
- Passionate about sustainability and ESG issues, including business and human rights, social sustainability and supply-chain sustainability
- An entrepreneurial self-starter and continuous learner who is always innovating and 'getting things done'
- A structured problem-solver, critical thinker, and effective communicator
- Motivated by working on complex challenges in a fast-paced, high-growth, dynamic work environment
- A team player who thrives in multi-cultural teams
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ownership of specific tasks on project delivery to existing clients, with guidance from more senior staff:
- Research, information analysis and synthesis to address client needs
- Contribution to written client deliverables, such as reports and presentations
- Communication on and presentation of deliverables to client
- Manage the successful delivery of regular trend reports, data analytics, and quantitative and qualitative insights for ELEVATE’s grievance mechanisms / worker helplines, which include a scope of hundreds of factories and sites globally
- Assist in the development of data visualization templates showcasing grievance mechanism / worker helpline data to provide clients with actionable insights that inform responsible sourcing decisions
- Provide technical and operational coordination of the tools and integrations with helpline platforms and other worker digital tools to enhance and streamline internal and external processes
- Manage the technical and operational processes for backend CMS/CRM platforms and workflows to generate monthly data summary reports.
- Accurate and timely usage of ELEVATE platforms and processes
- Follow training and development plan as directed
- Provide case management support for our Grievance Mechanism services
- Contribution to proposal writing as directed by Senior Consultants and other staff as allocated
- Support with products and service research as directed
- 3-5 years of experience in a relevant field for Consultants or Analysts; 0-3 for Associates
- Experience working with clients in a consulting role, or at a private company in a relevant area of work
- Consulting experience preferred
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field required
- Strong data science and data engineering skills, including familiarity with or ability to quickly master Zendesk, Tableau or other data visualization tools, JSON, and Python
- Novice- to intermediate-level and hands-on experience with supply-chain sustainability, worker engagement, and human rights. Experience with social compliance assessments a plus.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required. Additional regional (Asia-Pacific) language skills strongly preferred.
- Communication skills: active listening; verbal expression, including public speaking; business writing; presentation, including visual presentation (documents); interpersonal skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to work virtually, one-on-one, or in a team
- Ability to influence without formal authority
- Capacity to work across different time zones (i.e., to hold meetings outside of regular local working hours)
- Ability to respond positively to pressure and adapt in a dynamic, fast-paced, and changing work environment
- Strong information processing skills: research, multiple approaches to reasoning, analytical & synthetic thinking, critical thinking & problem solving, attention to detail, conceptual & system thinking
- Strong organizational skills: self-motivation, time management, planning, prioritization, and flexibility
- Business software skills: command of Microsoft 365 Suite, search engines, online meeting tools, project management software, and proprietary systems knowledge
- Continuous learning habits
- Project management skills: priority setting, stakeholder awareness and management
- Relationship building and networking skills
Equal Opportunity Employer
ELEVATE is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by local law. Personal data provided by applicants will be treated as confidential information and will be used exclusively for employment purposes only. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Applicants who are not invited for an interview may consider their applications filed for future reference.
To learn more about career opportunities at ELEVATE, please visit our Careers Page here: https://www.elevatelimited.com/careers/