Consultant, Supplier Engagement, Advisory Asia (Focus: Social Responsibility and CSR)
ELEVATE is looking for a talented consultant to join the Supplier Engagement practice of our Advisory team in Asia. The Consultant will primarily be responsible for helping suppliers evaluate and improve their policies, procedures and processes related to ESG.
In addition to project delivery, the candidate will also contribute to other business priorities such as product development, business development, training, and business improvement.
We are looking for entrepreneurial individuals who will be motivated by the opportunity to work in a rapidly growing and successful business at the cutting edge of ESG and to partner with world-class leaders to take on some of the planet’s most pressing ESG challenges.
Who you are
- Passionate about ESG issues, including social sustainability and supply-chain sustainability
- An entrepreneurial self-starter who is always learning, innovating, and 'getting things done'
- A structured problem-solver, critical thinker, and communicator
- Motivated by working on complex challenges in a fast-paced, high-growth, dynamic work environment
- A team player who thrives in multi-cultural teams
- Ownership of specific tasks on project delivery to existing clients, with guidance from more senior staff:
- Assessing clients’ ESG performance from a management systems perspective
- Lead and partner with clients in developing and implementing ESG compliance and sustainability strategies
- Support clients to design and implement efficient systems and processes to mitigate current and future ESG and sustainability risks.
- Research, information analysis and synthesis to address client needs
- Contribution to written client deliverables, such as reports and presentations
- Communication on and presentation of deliverables to client
- Accurate and timely usage of ELEVATE platforms and processes
- Follow training and development plan as directed
- Contribution to proposal writing as directed by Senior Consultants and other staff as allocated
- Support with products and service research as directed
- Minimum 5 years of experience in ESG compliance or sustainability initiatives
- Experience in supplier settings, such factory production areas
- Ability and willingness to make supplier site visits on a regular basis
- Exceptional knowledge of global ESG Compliance and Sustainability Directives, Regulations and Standards
- Experience analyzing compliance data to verify accuracy
- Experience working with clients in a consulting role, or at a private company in a relevant area of work
- Consulting experience preferred
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field required
- Fluency in written and spoken English required. Additional regional language skills strongly preferred.
- Communication skills: active listening; verbal expression, including public speaking; business writing; presentation, including visual presentation (documents); interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with business leaders
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to work virtually, one-on-one, or in a team
- Ability to influence without formal authority
- Capacity to work across different time zones (i.e., to hold meetings outside of regular local working hours)
- Ability to respond positively to pressure and adapt in a dynamic, fast-paced, and changing work environment
- Strong information processing skills: research, multiple approaches to reasoning, analytical & synthetic thinking, critical thinking & problem solving, attention to detail, conceptual & system thinking
- Strong organizational skills: self-motivation, time management, planning, prioritization, and flexibility
- Strong computer skills: command of Microsoft 365 Suite, search engines, online meeting tools, project management software, and proprietary systems knowledge
- Continuous learning habits
- Project management skills: priority setting, stakeholder awareness and management
- Relationship building and networking skills
Equal Opportunity Employer
ELEVATE is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by local law. Personal data provided by applicants will be treated as confidential information and will be used exclusively for employment purposes only. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Applicants who are not invited for an interview may consider their applications filed for future reference.
To learn more about career opportunities at ELEVATE, please visit our Careers Page here: https://www.elevatelimited.com/careers/