FabFitFun is a fast-growing and innovative lifestyle subscription brand seeking an experienced General Manager to join our growing team. This highly visible, hands-on role is responsible for building and operating a global sourcing office and hire and manage teams overseeing multiple factories, products, and suppliers to ensure products contracted for manufacture meet our program requirements. The General Manager will be based in Shanghai, China (exact location TBD) and work under ELEVATE Hong Kong Holdings Limited, FabFitFun’s outsourced program management partner, for approximately 1 year. During that time, the General Manage will work with ELEVATE and FabFitFun’s corporate office to build out a legal entity and fit and furnish the office for FabFitFun. Once open, the General Manager will be charged with running the office and building a Sourcing and Quality team. This position is administrated and supported by ELEVATE Hong Kong Holdings, Ltd. as the employer, and will report to the FabFitFun Sr. Director of Global Sourcing and Quality Assurance in California, USA.
Leads the Effort to Open a FabFitFun Physical Office Location in China
- Establish relationships with local legal, employment, and property management firms and conduct market research to drive corporate decisions on the office.
- Provide shortlist of sites for FFF to consider, along with related costs plus other relevant information to support final decision making.
- Lead all in-country negotiations including, but not limited to lease, Information Technology, FESCO, and all office build out functions.
General Management Responsibilities
- Build a world class Global Sourcing and Quality Assurance team focused on product sourcing, manufacturing operations, manufacturer qualifications, production management, inspections, audits and testing, and coordinate the activities across functions and with FabFitFun Headquarters.
- Define organizational structure, set objectives, manage workloads and results to achieve goals, while adopting best practices and achieving continuous process improvement.
- Ensure employee engagement at every level through effective motivation, coaching, training, and development of personnel in the team.
Sourcing, Merchandising and QA Responsibilities
- Build out and lead a Global Sourcing team in the development of direct sourcing and supplier management throughout Asia. This will include supplier onboarding, sample management market diversification, fill vendor gaps, factory remediation, and supplier performance programs
- Manage a team that oversees coordination of sample approvals, time and action plans and production monitoring before and during production.
- Lead a Quality Assurance team in the design, development, implementation, and management of an inspection and production management program that incorporates factory quality and capacity reviews, production tracking, and an inspection process that is customized for every product.
- Oversees the future social compliance function of FabFitFun.
- 15+ years’ experience in consumer goods sourcing, quality assurance/compliance, consumer products for US or Japan market and team leadership.
- Advanced degree in a scientific discipline or qualified professional in quality and compliance, sourcing or production.
- Strong communication and influencing skills at all levels. Ability to coordinate solutions across involved parties in the value chain.
- Ability to recruit and retain capable talent with strong organizational management skills.
- Is learning-agile, adaptable, and flexible. Able to handle multiple product categories, diverse situations, and evolving priorities. Able to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- High level of accountability and technical experience in a sourcing or manufacturing environment.
- History of working with Quality Assurance and Social Compliance teams. Is familiar with common compliance issues in the region.
- General familiarity with a broad range of FabFitFun key product categories including: hardlines (decorative home, tabletop, fitness, stationery, jewelry), softlines (scarves, home textiles, apparel, accessories), electronics (speakers, Bluetooth, GPS), and cosmetics.
- Operates with the highest integrity and has an unblemished record.
- Demonstrated ability to engage vendors and suppliers with respect and equality.
- Ability to detect and observe potential ethical issues through team member behaviors.
- Motivated to work in a fast-paced, high accountability, small company environment.
- Proactive, energetic team player with positive attitude.
- Excellent technical written and verbal communication skills (English and Mandarin).
- Ability to travel within China and the greater Asia region.
- Chinese National or Non-Nationals fluent in Chinese, preferred
- International travel required.
You will be part of a new team; therefore a start-up mentality, hands-on approach and entrepreneurial spirit and enthusiasm are a must!