The role of a senior assessor is to critically assess the environmental, health, safety, and labor conditions for workers in agricultural and manufacturing settings across all industries, including among others apparel, raw materials, soft goods, hard goods, etc. Monitors will be expected to critically analyze facility practices against local standards, client codes of conduct, and best practices. Assessor is expected to meet Key Performance Targets related to report turnaround time, report quality and management KPIs as per the annual goal setting.
- Adhere to all company policies relating to integrity and confidentiality of information.
- Assessor will be expected to travel across South East/South East Asia countries to undertake RBA supplement Validated Audit Program (SVAP) for Forced Labor based on RBA expectations outlined in operation Manual.
- Lead an audit team and delegate task to team auditors for reaching an audit conclusion;
- Deliver quality report according to RBA protocols and timelines;
- Deep understanding of RBA supplement Validated Audit Program (SVAP) for Forced Labor assessment procedures, local labor laws, environmental and management systems audit expectations;
- Familiar with the applicable culture(s) and customs, have the capability to handle critical and comprehensive assessments.
- Take additional responsibility on RBA project.
- Support on new auditor onsite training and calibration training.
- Education and work experience: The individual will have successfully completed a level of secondary education or have incurred enough work experience to fulfill all of the expectations for ELEVATE auditors.
- Legal and industry knowledge: The individual will have detailed knowledge of international, national and local laws and standards that apply to labor compliance. The individual will also possess awareness of prevalent issues in the region that require sensitivity, or further investigation.
- Auditing knowledge: The individual will have the ability to competently undertake processes specific to supplier compliance assessments, including but not limited to conducting sensitive and confidential worker interviews, reviewing worker records, and performing wage tests and calculations.
- Language and cultural awareness: The individual should be a fluent speaker and reader of Malay. Candidates who can speak Vietnamese will be considered priority. (Under circumstances where the individual’s skills are limited, the individual will communicate effectively through an interpreter.) The individual must also be familiar with the applicable culture(s) and customs.
- English proficiency: The individual will have good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Integrity: We expect integrity, good attitude and maturity
- Undergo ELEVATE Auditor Screening prior to hire.
Add on criteria for senior assessor
- 5+ years auditing experiences;
- Certified by APSCA as a CSCA assessor and certified at least TWO of the industry initiatives as 'Primary lead auditor/assessor', such as ICTI, BSCI, RBA, HIGG, SA8000, WRAP, ISO etc. Candidates who is approved as RBA VAP LE/ESH lead auditor with over 20 RBA VAP audits experience within 2 years will be considered priority.
ELEVATE offers a competitive salary and compensation package based on experience and qualifications.
* Please include a cover letter explain what you enjoy about doing this work and explain your career goals.