FabFitFun is a fast-growing and innovative lifestyle subscription brand seeking a Technical Sourcing and Quality Consultant. This person will vet the landscape in China for qualified manufacturers of technical products ranging from battery operated, motorized, electrical and USB powered devices. This person will interface with a US Sourcing and Quality team and act as our expert in country during supplier selection, design, development, and manufacturing. This position is administrated and supported by ELEVATE Hong Kong Holdings, Ltd. as the employer, and will report to the FabFitFun Sr. Director of Global Sourcing and Quality Assurance in California, USA.
- Provide supplier solution to R&D partner for feasibility study through scouting on new technology including finished goods, component, process and material.
- Must be a leader on new supplier vetting and knowledgeable in technology manufacturing to support development of tech products (battery operated, spring gears, electrical, USB, Bluetooth etc.).
- Externally, this role will need to interact with suppliers through on-site meetings, trade fair and site visits.
- Internally, this role will be the expert in tech product development including reworking current product to hit a specified design features and cost target.
- Candidate will know market trends and emerging technologies and will be responsible for helping to grow the product line by identifying and spearheading new opportunities.
- Evaluate design solutions as well as perform electronics functional tests.
- Support prototype and production system builds both on-location at the factory and remotely.
- Review supplier PCBA layout, physical PCBs, electronics, design and overall product quality.
- Define, specify, and validate production test equipment and processes and consult with factory on implementation or elevation of QMS requirements.
- Conduct measurements of components, subsystems, and full assemblies and perform thorough analysis of results.
- Digital, analog and circuit design, battery safety (DOT and HALT), testing and validation experience.
- Troubleshooting motors, motor controllers, battery management systems, power supplies, inverters / converters, and/or power electronics.
- Experience with Qi and Bluetooth communication.
- Collaborate with OEM/ODM partners to develop and validate manufacturing assembly procedures to meet product performance requirements.
- Troubleshoot product failures and recalls in the industry and recommend design changes to prevent future occurrences.
- Masters (M.S.) Degree in Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering, or similar technical discipline, from an accredited institution.
- 5+ years of engineering design and manufacturing experience in a med-high to high volume production facility and product development environment.
- 10+ years sourcing or quality and development for major manufacturing brands working directly with multiple vendors in Asia.
- High level of experience with CE/FCC/FTC testing requirements.
- Ability to travel within China and the greater Asia region.
- Chinese National or Non-Nationals fluent in Chinese, preferred.
- Proven business negotiation.
- Established relationships working with suppliers.
- Candidate will need to be a self-starter and self-motivated. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.