ELEVATE is the leading business risk and sustainability solutions provider. We deliver improved organizational performance through sustainability and supply chain assessment, consulting, program management and analytics. We are headquartered in Hong Kong and our 500-plus employees carry out work in over 110 countries including dedicated offices in North America, UK and Europe, and Asia.
At ELEVATE, we are proud to work together and with our clients to achieve sustainable, balanced and inclusive economic growth. We’re committed to business-driven sustainability. www.elevatelimited.com
ELEVATE is seeking a passionate, detail-oriented Full Stack Web Developer with a strong understanding of modern web application tools and best practices. The developer will play a major role in developing data-driven applications that will transform the way brands and retailers assess their supply chains and drive improvements. You will have the opportunity to work at a dynamic and fast-growing company, with an experienced agile team to build robust and high performing applications and tackle interesting engineering challenges.
- Design and develop robust, scalable, extensible web applications
- Work closely with global product development team, design, engineering, QA, and DevOps to ensure projects are completed on time and of high quality.
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization.
- Conduct code reviews with team members and contractors.
- Support product managers by contributing to sprint reviews, providing functional design inputs, and providing feedback on stories.
- Contribute to improvements to the SDLC by participating in retrospectives, providing feedback to engineering management, drafting documentation, conducting trainings for team members, etc.
- Support platform SLA’s by participating in on-call rotation
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years’ or proven experience in web front-end development with modern frameworks, e.g. React or AngularJS, and knowledge of pure CSS/HTML5 design.
- 3+ years’ or proven experience in web back-end development with Ruby (preferred), Java or PHP and associated frameworks, e.g. Ruby on Rails, Spring-boot, Hanami, etc.
- Familiarity with RESTful services and API design, and solid understanding of web stacks.
- Familiar with tools and skills in development cycle such as git, docker, etc.
- Ability to design and implement data model (database schemas) and data pipeline to support business processes.
- Able to implement automated unit tests.
- Experience participating and running Agile sprints, running scrums, etc.
- Strong written and spoken English skills.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, Hanami
- Experience with PostgreSQL and MS SQL Server.
- Experience with the mobile web or mobile app development.
- Experience with Sumologic, Jenkins, or AWS services.
- DevOps experience.